The 2018 AHR Expo has expanded its seminar program. The program features more than 120 sessions including free best practices and industry trends seminars from HVACR organizations, professional certification opportunities, and continuing education programs from the ASHRAE Learning Institute (ALI).
The 2018 AHR Expo will be held Jan. 22-24, at the McCormick Place in Chicago. To register, please visit the AHR Expo registration website.
“Contractors, engineers and other show attendees give us high marks for the value our education program delivers,” says Clay Stevens, president of International Exposition Co. “The show is a place where industry professionals can earn CEUs, complete certification exams, and learn about the latest developments and best practices in free and paid seminars.”
More than 70 of the free, one- and two-hour sessions will be presented by experts from prominent organizations. Sessions have been designed to allow for integration of education time into attendees’ overall show agendas.
Highlights of the agenda:
- General Industry-wide Focus
- Building Automation Systems 101
- Radiant Cooling in the Windy City
- Global Trends in HVAC
- Engineer-focused Cooling Tower Fundamentals
- The Future of Building Automation – Data at the Open Intelligent Edge
- Health Impacts of Indoor Air Quality
- The Future of The Billable Hour, by Women in HVACR
- Solving Moisture Mysteries with a Psychrometric Chart
- Solve Hidden Maintenance Issues Using Testing and Balancing
AHR Expo will incorporate opportunities for attendees to participate in ALI continuing education courses. A total of 20 courses will be offered prior to and during the 2018 AHR Expo coming to Chicago in January. All courses are approved for Continuing Education Units (CEUs) toward maintaining P.E. licensure. Advance registration and fee payment is required and can be completed by visiting the ASHRAE registration website.
Each full-day course will earn attendees six Professional Development Hours (PDHs)/Learning Units (LUs) or 0.6 CEUs, and half-day courses earn attendees three PDHs. Topics cover the fundamentals of the commissioning process, complying with requirements of ASHRAE standards, laboratory design basics and beyond, optimizing indoor environments and more.
Several review sessions and exams will be available to 2018 AHR Expo attendees:
- NAFA Certified Air Filter Specialist (CAFS) Testing and 2-Hour Tutorial, NCT Testing
- AABC Commissioning Group (ACG) CxA Workshop and Exam
- HVAC Review and NATE (North American Technician Excellence) Testing
- ASHRAE Certification Exams
Registration and a fee are required for all review sessions and exams.
New Product And Technology Theater Product Presentations
In addition, attendees can see what’s new from companies in the New Product and Technology Showcase Presentations offered by exhibitors. With no cost and no reservation required, more than 100 20-minute product presentations will be delivered in succession in theaters on the exhibit floor. The showcase provides a way to learn about the latest developments from technology providers.
Two AHR Expo Innovation Award winners, Spartan Bioscience and Triatek, as well as 11 finalists, will give presentations on their new technologies:
- BELIMO (Building Automation)
- Caleffi Hydronic Solutions (Plumbing)
- CAREL Industries S.p.A.
- Cielo WiGle Inc. (Building Automation)
- Cleaver-Brooks (Heating)
- Coolfront Technologies (Software)
- GrayWolf Sensing Solutions (Tools & Instruments)
- International Wastewater Systems Inc. (Green Building)
- Johnson Controls (Cooling & Heating)
- Spartan Bioscience (IAQ)
- Triatek (Ventilation)