Adjustability of PerfectPitch stems from 8-inch-tall stanchions with incremental 1/8-inch gear teeth that allow its accompanying universal pipe clamps to be positioned for pitched piping runs of up to 50-feet long.
Incorrectly pitched drain lines inhibit condensate flow and often result in dips, which can attract blockages of debris and biological materials acting as secondary traps. This results in reduced condensate flow and potential indoor air quality problems.
Instead of cutting different heights of wood blocks or other methods, PerfectPitch stanchions screw to substrate floors, ceiling beams or roof trusses at support increments compliant with all local and national codes. The integral ruler and gear teeth of the stanchions allow vertical lock-in-place adjustments of pipe clamps without the need for measuring, leveling or cutting. PerfectPitch conforms to all code requirements, such as the International Mechanical Code (IMC) condensate pitch standard of 1/8-inch per foot.
The PerfectPitch starter kit accommodates the average-sized building and includes five stanchions and five accompanying universal clamps that fit 1/2-, 3/4-, or 1-inch pipe.
For condensing heating boilers and furnaces, PerfectPitch pitches the condensate back into the unit, with 2- or 3-inch pipe clamps/adaptor clips, which can be purchased separately.
Other PerfectPitch features:
- Helps prevent condensate drain line overflow, which according to a study by the Hartford Insurance Co., confirms that water damage is the second most frequently filed insurance claim in the U.S.
- The stanchions have integral rulers of 1- to 8-inches and 9- to 16-inches on opposite sides to permit stacking when longer piping runs require pitches beyond 8 inches.
- Each stanchion can withstand a 45-pound weight capacity.
- The starter kit is packaged in a clear plastic bag with a cardboard header designed for J-hook display.
- Supplementary clamps to permit multiple drain lines can be supported. This allows normal air conditioning drain lines to be pitched away from the unit, while stanchions can simultaneously support counter flow drain lines pitched back to condensing boilers and furnaces.
- Besides the starter kit, the product line includes four other packaged skus in five 2-inch-diameter clamps; five 3-inch-diameter clamps; five stanchions; five universal clamps.
- Each stanchion has an angled slot base allowing drill chuck clearance.