The Architects Foundation has selected ten recipients of the 2018 Jason Pettigrew Memorial ARE Scholarship.
The Jason Pettigrew Memorial ARE Scholarship recognizes the contributions of emerging professionals at early stages in their careers and helps defray the costs associated with the Architect Registration Examination (ARE). The scholarship recipients will receive funds to cover all sections of the Architectural Registration Examination, as well as study materials from Brightwood College.
“The Jason Pettigrew Memorial ARE Scholarship recognizes the exceptional efforts of individuals in the community who are also seeking architectural licensure,” says Pettigrew Scholarship Jury Chair William Roschen, FAIA. “We are excited to be able to support these emerging professionals in recognition of their accomplishments.”
Each year, the jury selects up to ten recipients for the award. The scholars this year are:
- Jose Barajas, Assoc. AIA (Spokane, Wash.)
- Geraldene Blackgoat, Assoc. AIA (Albuquerque, N.M.)
- Maya Bird-Murphy, Assoc. AIA (Chicago)
- Tiffany Brown, Assoc. AIA (Detroit)
- Denise Everson, Assoc. AIA (Washington, D.C.)
- Sergio Legon-Talamoni, Assoc. AIA (Seattle)
- Isela Martinez, Assoc. AIA (Hampstead, N.C.)
- Deborah Perez, Assoc. AIA (Bajadero, PR)
- Robyn Savacool, Assoc. AIA (Hamilton, N.J.)
- Sarah Young, Assoc. AIA (Lafayette, La.)
The Jason Pettigrew Memorial ARE Scholarship was established in 2004 by the AIA National Associates Committee, to honor the memory of their late friend and colleague, Jason Pettigrew, Associate AIA. The scholarship has been with the Architects Foundation since 2015.