The ASHRAE Learning Institute (ALI) has announced the 10 courses that will be offered during ASHRAE’s 2017 Annual Conference in Long Beach, Calif. The headlining topic is Complying with Standard 90.1-2016: HVAC/Mechanical, which will be held on Tuesday, June 27. This is the first time this specific course has been made available at an ASHRAE conference.
Complying with Standard 90.1-2016: HVAC/Mechanical discusses the new and updated requirements for HVAC and service water heating systems of ASHRAE Standard 90.1-2016 Energy Standards for Buildings, and how to comply during building design and construction. It will be taught by ASHRAE member McHenry “Mack” Wallace, Jr., P.E., LEED AP, who has served on the ASHRAE Standard 90.1 Committee for the past 19 years.
“The 10 ALI courses selected for ASHRAE’s 2017 Annual Conference will provide the technical information needed by our industry professionals as they strive to create a healthier, more energy efficient built environment,” says ASHRAE President Tim Wentz, Fellow ASHRAE, HBDP. “Each ALI course has been developed by industry practitioners who understand the knowledge and experience expected for building design and system operation. As such, we are excited to provide our conference attendees with these continuing education opportunities, and we invite them to take advantage of the courses most applicable to their field.”
In addition to Complying with Standard 90.1-2016: HVAC/Mechanical, two full-day professional development seminars and seven half-day courses are being offered from Saturday, June 24 to Tuesday, June 27, 2017. The courses are:
June 24, 2017
- Effective Energy Management in New & Existing Buildings (Full-day)
- Commissioning Process in New and Existing Buildings (Full-day)
- Designing High-Performance Healthcare HVAC Systems (Half-day)
June 25, 2017
- Air-to-Air Energy Recovery Applications: Best Practices (Half-day)
- Laboratory Design: The Basics and Beyond (Half-day)
June 26, 2017
- Complying with Standard 90.1-2016: Appendix G (Half-day)
- Understanding & Designing Dedicated Outdoor Air Systems (Half-day)
June 27, 2017
- High-Performance Building Design: Applications & Future Trends (Half-day)
- Variable Refrigerant Flow System: Design & Applications (Half-day)
- Complying with Standard 90.1-2016: HVAC/Mechanical (Half-day)
All 10 courses are open for registration and are eligible for Professional Development Hours (PDHs) or Continuing Education Credits (CEUs). ASHRAE recommends participants check with their specific State Board for PDH and/or CEU requirements.
For more information and to register for the ASHRAE Learning Institute course offerings, please visit here.