ASHRAE Learning Institute has announced that registration is open for its 2021 Spring online instructor-led course series. The 16 online offerings, including eight new courses, run from January through June.
A new course, “Reopening Commercial Buildings: Evaluating Your HVAC System’s Readiness to Mitigate the Spread of SARS-CoV-2,” taking place on Jan. 27, expounds the online ASHRAE COVID-19 details for reopening buildings and the Building Readiness Plan for HVAC systems. The course will help reiterate mitigation strategies available and understand specific buildings arrangements.
Health Impacts of Indoor Air Extraction, Ventilation, and Filtration – Same or Different, scheduled for Feb. 17, covers the future design of forced air ventilation systems and the most cost-effective HVAC operational changes and system modifications to improve existing indoor environments in reducing the spread of viruses.
Hospital HVAC – Infection Mitigation, Comfort, Performance, scheduled for Feb. 23, addresses the role of HVAC systems in helping to reduce Hospital Associated Infections (HAI), explaining airborne versus contact transmission. This course describes the why and how filtration, air patterns, air changes, dilution, temperature, humidity, UV and pressurization in hospital HVAC can either help or hinder efforts to reduce HAI.
The following is the full schedule of online instructor-led course offerings:
- 26 Jan 2021 – NEW! COVID-19 and Buildings: Re-occupation after Lockdown
- 27 Jan 2021 – NEW! Reopening Commercial Buildings: Evaluating Your HVAC System’s Readiness to Mitigate the Spread of SARS-CoV-2
- 17 Feb 2021 – NEW! Health Impacts of Indoor Air Extraction, Ventilation, and Filtration – Same or Different?
- 23 Feb 2021 – UPDATED! Hospital HVAC – Infection Mitigation, Comfort, Performance
- 24 Feb 2021 – NEW! Evaluating Your HVAC System’s Readiness to Mitigate the Spread of SARS-CoV-2
- 2 Mar 2021 – UPDATED! Latest in High-Performance Dedicated Outdoor Air Systems
- 4 Mar 2021 – Humidity Control I: Design Tips and Traps
- 25 Mar 2021 – NEW! Save 40% by Complying with Standard 90.1-2019
- 6 Apr 2021 – Commercial Building Energy Audits – Part I
- 13 Apr 2021 – Commercial Building Energy Audits – Part II
- 20 Apr 2021 – UPDATED! Air-to-Air Energy Recovery Fundamentals
- 22 Apr 2021 – NEW! V in HVAC – What, Why, Where, How, and How Much
- 4 May 2021 – NEW! An Introduction to ASHRAE Existing Building Commissioning
- 11 May 2021 – UPDATED! Fundamentals of Ultraviolet Germicidal Irradiation (UVGI) for Air and Surface Disinfection
- 20 May 2021 – UPDATED! Introduction to BACnet
- 1 Jun 2021 – Principles of Building Commissioning: ASHRAE Guideline 0 and Standard 202
- 8 Jun 2021 – NEW! Powering with Renewable Resources: Thermal Energy Storage