The American Society of Interior Designers (ASID) has unveiled a redesigned and enhanced website, putting its mission of “Design Impacts Lives” front and center. The site is now available at www.asid.org. The 47 redesigned chapter sites are listed on the Chapter Map.
The goal of the websites is to offer information for consumers, ASID members, industry representatives, and the design community at large. The websites, developed by Orases and designed by Think Baseline, are user-centric and offer clear navigation on multiple platforms and devices. The sections include career guidance, chapter and national news, events, and the latest ASID research. Each of the 47 local ASID chapter websites have been updated to allow for uniformity and to share information across the Society. The enhanced ASID platform will provide an outlet to communicate the impact of design on the human experience and help define the role of interior designers at both the national and local levels.
ASID CEO Randy Fiser explains, “The redesigned ASID websites are the gateway into the design community, informing members, clients, and the world of what’s important in design today. The content showcases the Society’s global leadership in interior design, through our research, advocacy, and education on behalf of all designers. Our goal is to communicate the impact that design can have on people, and offer insights into how a designer can live this mission and incorporate it into their practice.”
In addition to the enhanced design and layout of the pages, new functions have been implemented:
- The Resource Center presents ASID-led research on the business and industry. Users can narrow this information based on their area of interest, selecting the Topic (Impact of Design, Business of Design, Leadership Development, Practice of Design), Career
Stage (Emerging Professional, Mid-Career, Principal/Partner/Owner, Student), and Sector (Workplace, Residential/Multifamily, Healthcare, Hospitality) of their choice. The Resource Center also provides partner news, video content, and information on awards, submissions, and the Society’s magazine, ASID ICON.
- The Career Page acts as a learning center to assist designers with professional guidance.
- The Events Page showcases ASID activities nationwide, such as trade shows and programming.
- The News Page houses the Society’s latest announcements.
- The ASID Foundation advances the profession and communicates the impact of design through research, scholarships, and education. Formerly available as a separate microsite, Foundation information has now been incorporated into ASID.org.
ASID.org is designed with everyone in mind and is 508 compliant, taking its features to the next level; the colors, contrasts, and fonts were all selected to be clear and accessible to any website user.
Fiser adds, “Design is universal, and it was our priority to make the website universal, too. By pushing ourselves to meet and exceed 508 standards, we’re helping make the design world accessible to everyone.”
To ensure input and feedback on the site throughout its development process, ASID formed a Website Advisory Task Force made up of interior designers from around the country. Their insights as regular ASID.org users ensured that the redesigned website would meet the demands of all members.
Beyond the redesign of the national site and the 47 individual ASID chapter sites, the content has been reorganized to maintain continuity of experience.