The American Society of Landscape Architects (ASLA) is now accepting entries for the 2018 Professional and Student Awards, a juried landscape architecture competition.
Each year, the ASLA Professional Awards honor the best in landscape architecture from around the globe, while the ASLA Student Awards give us a glimpse into the future of the profession.
Entry payments and submissions must be submitted online. Go to the Begin Your Submission page to start the entry process.
Award recipients receive featured coverage in Landscape Architecture Magazine, the magazine of ASLA, and in many other design and construction industry and general interest media. Award recipients, their clients and advisors will be honored at the awards presentation ceremony during the ASLA Annual Meeting and EXPO in Philadelphia, Oct. 19-22, 2018.
The prestige of the ASLA awards programs relies on the juries that are convened each year to review submissions. Members of this year’s professional awards jury are:
- Mark A. Focht, FASLA, Chair, New York City Parks and Recreation, New York City
- Gerdo Aquino, FASLA, SWA, Los Angeles
- Anita Berrizbeitia, ASLA, Harvard Graduate School of Design, Cambridge, Mass.
- Christian Gabriel, ASLA, U.S. General Services Administration, Washington, D.C.
- Terry Guen-Murray, FASLA, Terry Guen Design Associates, Chicago
- Dale Jaeger, FASLA, Jaeger Landscape Architecture, Gainesville, Ga.
- Sam Lubell, Architecture Writer, New York City
- Patrick Phillips, Urban Land Institute, Washington, D.C.
- Barbara Wilks, FAIA, FASLA, W Architecture + Landscape Architecture LLC, New York City
Joining the jury for the selection of the Research Category will be M. Elen Deming, ASLA, University of Illinois, Champaign, Ill., on behalf of the Landscape Architecture Foundation (LAF) and Ashley Steffens, University of Georgia College of Environment and Design, on behalf of the Council of Educators in Landscape Architecture (CELA).
Members of the student awards jury are:
- Roberto Rovira, ASLA, Chair, Florida International University, Studio Roberto Rovira, Miami
- Kurt Culbertson, FASLA, Design Workshop, Aspen, Colo.
- Andrea Cochran, FASLA, Andrea Cochran Landscape Architecture, San Francisco
- Tom Dallessio, Next City, Philadelphia
- Jennifer Daniels, ASLA, Smithsonian Institution, Washington, D.C.
- Ray Gastil, City of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh
- Jeffrey Hou, ASLA, University of Washington, Seattle
- Elizabeth Kennedy, ASLA, Elizabeth Kennedy Landscape Architects, New York City
- Lucinda Sanders, FASLA, OLIN, Philadelphia
Both the ASLA Professional and Student awards feature five categories: General Design; Residential Design; Analysis and Planning; Communications; and Research. The Professional Awards also include The Landmark Award, while the Student Awards include the Student Community Service Award and Student Collaboration categories.
Professional entry registrations and payments are due by Feb. 19, 2018; submission deadline is March 5.
Student entry registrations and payments are due by May 7, 2018; submission deadline is May 21.
Please review the Submission Preview carefully prior to the deadline date. You can go back and edit your submission until the deadline.