Atlas Roofing Corp. has grown its production capability by adding new state-of-the-art equipment to its manufacturing lines. With these modern systems, Atlas will be strategically positioned to answer the growing demand for shingles with HP Technology, the latest advanced shingle design from Atlas. This added production capacity, strategically located in Hampton, Ga.; Meridian, Miss.; and Daingerfield, Texas, will allow Atlas to quickly deliver its HP lines of shingles to more customers.
HP technology was developed by Atlas after listening carefully to the needs of its contractors. The technology features five key elements:
- A larger-size shingle which means less shingles to install
- The HP shingle has double sealant lines of FASTAC adhesive
- A true 1 1/4-inch nailing area making HP laminates easier to install
- A 6-inch exposure to give it a real architectural look—the exception being the StormMaster Slate which adds an additional 2 1/2 inches for a full 8 1/2 inches of exposure creating the true look of slate
- Warranted to withstand 130 mph winds and wind driven rain with a standard 4-nail application
The increased production capacity of the new lines ensures that Atlas distributors will be more able to quickly fill contractors’ orders.