California’s Title 24 compliant, Eaton’s Astronomic Programmable Timer (AT18HM) reduces energy consumption by automating exterior lights. The timer features seven customizable settings that adjust to local sunrise/sunset times as well as daylight savings, and includes a built-in battery backup, protecting the users programming schedules during power outages. The timer works with incandescent, halogen and LED lighting.
Additional features include:
- A large and easy-to-read LCD screen display
- Auto/manual mode whether the lighting load is ON or OFF
- Four operating modes: manual, automatic, random, count down
- Sleek design fits flush with standard wallplates
- For use with lights and motors up to 1800 watts
- Single pole or 3-way connections
- Automatic daylight savings function – no need to reprogram
- Great for use for porch and patio lights and outdoor living spaces
2019 California Title 24 Energy Code: Effective January 2020, California’s Title 24 energy code updates include an outdoor lighting control requirement. Section 150.0(k)(3A) states that lighting attached to residence must be high efficacy and controlled by a photocontrol with either motion sensor or automatic time switch or an astronomical time clock/switch.