The National Steering Committee (NSC) for the Concrete Industry Management (CIM) program has announced its new board members beginning July 1. The new board members include Bruce Christensen, vice president, admixture systems, Master Builders Solutions; Frank Flatch, vice president of human resources and corporate counsel, Silvi Group Companies; and Karl H. Watson, Jr., chief executive officer, Forterra Structural Precast.
The new NSC officers include:
- Executive Director – Eugene Martineau, CIM National Steering Committee
- Chairman – Mike Schneider, vice president, chief people officer (CPO), Baker Concrete Construction Inc.
- Vice Chairman – Steven Cox, vice president – customer success, Command Alkon
- Secretary/Treasurer – Nicole R. Maher, chief operating officer, National Ready Mixed Concrete Association (NRMCA)
- Immediate Past Chairman – Wallace Johnson, U.S. Concrete Inc. (retired)
*All officers also serve on the board of directors.
The NSC subcommittee chairs include:
- Dr. Rex Cottle, Trinity Industries Inc. (retired) – education committee
- Brian Gallagher, vice president, corporate development, Graycor – marketing committee
- Julie Garbini, executive director, RMC Research & Education Foundation – research committee chair
- Randal M. Beard, principal and managing director diagnostics group, Walter P Moore – long-range planning committee
- Ben Robuck, vice president – infrastructure and direct work, CEMEX – auction committee
- Steve Cox, vice president – customer success, Command Alkon – membership committee
- Nicole Green, industry relations specialist, Middle Tennessee State University School of Concrete and Construction Management – recruitment committee
The NSC board of directors includes:
- Bruce Christensen**, vice president, admixture systems, Master Builders Solutions
- Frank Flatch**, vice president of human resources and corporate counsel, Silvi Group Companies
- Karl H. Watson, Jr.**, chief executive officer, Forterra Structural Precast
- Julie Garbini, executive director, RMC Research & Education Foundation
- Beverly Garnant, executive director, American Society of Concrete Contractors
- Jamie Gentoso, chief executive officer, U.S. Cement, LafargeHolcim
- Douglas Guerrero, chairman, CIM Patrons, California State University, Chico
- Marti Harrell, vice president of technical services & professional development, National Precast Concrete Association Foundation (NPCA)
- Scott Harrison, senior associate, Construction Insight Inc.
- Michael Ireland, president and CEO, Portland Cement Association
- Paul Ozinga, executive vice president, Ozinga RMC Inc.
- Mark Peabody, vice president human resources, U.S. Concrete Inc.
- Ben Robuck, vice president – infrastructure and direct work, CEMEX
- Aaron Snowdon, senior IT manager, LehighHanson
- Rick Yelton, editor at large, Informa Exhibitions U.S.
** Indicates new board member.
“The leadership of the concrete industry has embraced and supported the mission of the NSC for CIM of ‘advancing the concrete industry by degrees’ for the last 25 years,” says NSC executive director Eugene Martineau. “Many major companies in the concrete industry, along with most national concrete associations and foundations, have pledged their time, talent and treasure to CIM through their involvement in the NSC. Those industry leaders who serve on our board of directors are a testament to their commitment to the continued success of CIM.”