OFD is the service on top of BuildingIQ’s 5i Intelligent Energy Platform that sits between the transition in the building operations journey from energy visualization to predictive energy optimization. The steps of OFD are:
- Baseline – Understanding the energy profile of a building and how it acts in varying weather.
- Data consumption & trending – Ingesting and storing any data provided by the building system or IoT-type devices. Unlike a typical building management system (BMS), BuildingIQ stores up to 10 years of data for analytics.
- Rules-based detection – Detecting logic-based, value-based and trend-based alarms.
- AI-based detection – Uncovering the underlying system dynamics and relationships driving faults while learning to identify deviations from expected operation.
- Triage/Prioritization – Collaborating in close contact with client teams, BuildingIQ Network Operations and building experts take AI-based diagnoses and apply system and building specific insights.
- Ticketing – Ticketing assignment and tracking using either the Facility Worksite service from BuildingIQ or that of a client, is included.
- Planning/Actioning with the BuildingIQ Mobile App – Identifying opportunities for catalyzing work in collaboration with building engineers and facility managers at BuildingIQ, whether it is a monthly service visit from a controls contractor or a yearly budgeting process.
- Validation/Accountability – Validating all completed work by comparing data from the time period post-fix to the original data that generated the issue.