Along with iron oxide, which on its own, can block narrow waterways and foul pumps, lime scale can cause water quality issues. Compounded by the presence of iron oxide, lime scale and iron oxide form an enamel-like coating that further clogs and narrows waterways inside hydronic systems.
MagnaClean DualXP is part of the ADEY line of filters in Europe, and was introduced to the North American market last fall. This dual-chambered magnetic filter features two magnetic rods that capture and eliminate nearly all of the suspended iron oxide sludge circulating in a system within minutes of installation. The double chambers also house four non-magnetic capture zones for larger circulating debris.
Designed for 1-½-inch copper and NPT iron pipework, MagnaClean DualXP is ideal for light commercial applications. It can be fitted on the return pipe to the boiler/circulator, and features low-profile drain valves and built-in air vents for servicing. The unit also incorporates a three-in-one multi-tool, designed to remove the drain valve, air vent and lid assembly. It fits into the lid of the unit when not in use.
The design of the filter works as water is forced in a cyclonic flow around the magnet by the shape and location of the inlet and outlet, meaning there are no moving parts, other than the water itself. Installation of the filter does not block or restrict flow, and pressure drop is minimal.
By removing iron oxide sludge, MagnaClean DualXP not only extends the operational life of the system, but also offers benefits that save money and time for installers and homeowners.
- In-line installation
- Integral flow-diverters ensure 360 degree distribution for uniform flow around magnets
- Permanent magnet with first-pass capture
- Bi-directional inlet and outlet – connect either way
- Rotating filter connections allow customizable installation options
- Dosing ease of ADEY treatment products via canisters
- Full-flow valves for minimal pressure drop
- Reduced heating bills
- Reduced maintenance costs
- Design allows for full flow – no loss of pressure or heat
- Extends system life
- Zero operating cost
- No moving parts to replace
- Reduced carbon emissions