RenewAire has introduced the EV Series Premium, a two-model energy recovery ventilator (ERV) that offers high recovery efficiency, CFM/watt and static pressure capabilities. The Premium is a static plate enthalpy core-based ERV that provides North American single-family, multi-family and light commercial buildings with pinpoint indoor air quality (IAQ).
The original EV Series is designed with on/off airflows of 90, 130, 200, 240, 300 and 450-CFM, however, the Premium’s standard EC motors allow variable speed on-demand and continuous operation. The two Premium units, which accommodate spaces of up to 4,000-square-feet and five bedrooms with a minimum 165-CFM of outdoor air, have operating ranges of 30 to 225-CFM and 30 to 280-CFM for the M (Medium) and L (Large) models, respectively. Consequently, fan speeds automatically adjust to room activity contaminants that are monitored and activated automatically to Boost Mode by CO2, VOC, IAQ or occupancy sensors, or manually with a remote push-button in the space.
The Premium Medium and Large models meet airflow and static pressure capacities, according to third party testing under the Home Ventilating Institute (HVI) CSA 439-09 test standard. For example, the two Premium models can reach fan efficiencies of 140-CFM at 0.70-ESP (1.52 CFM/watt) and 160-CFM at 0.65-ESP (1.53 CFM/watt), respectively. Comparatively, the industry standard of 2.25-CFM/watt at 108-CFM (0.2-inch ESP) and 2.0 CFM/watt at 210-CFM (0.2-inch ESP) is a minimum fan efficiency performance for the Premium. Furthermore it features sensible recovery efficiency capacities of SRE-78 and SRE-83 and adjusted sensible recovery efficiency capacity of ASRE-83 and ASRE-86 respectively, at 50-CFM.
Another energy-saving comfort mode is the optional boost mode, which allows a room occupant to increase air flow by up to 225 and 280-CFM, respectively by activating a remote room switch with a timer or on/off mode.
The Premium comes with two MERV-8 filters that are factory-installed for the return and outdoor air, the latter which can be replaced after construction by an optional MERV-13 filter.
EV Series Premium features:
- Small footprint of 22-1/2 (l) by 12-5/8 (w) by 23-3/4 (h)-inches —Medium model. The Large is identical, but 23-5/8-inches-wide
- Dial-A-Flow digital controller is included for balance and airflow adjustments
- Designed for installation with a corded outlet plug and included ceiling/wall mounting brackets
- Certified by the HVI and ETL-listed for residential and commercial-grade applications
- Meets strict California energy codes
- Helps introduce more outdoor air ventilation, which ASHRAE recommends for reducing airborne transmission of viruses, bacteria and other microbial pathogens
- Uses the latest G5 generation of exchange core
- Boost mode can help offset IAQ events, such as a bathroom showering, kitchen cooking or visiting house guests with potential infections