The Fenestration and Glazing Industry Alliance (FGIA) Annual Conference held last week in Ft. Lauderdale, Fla., featured an introduction to the 2020 Board of Directors. Since FGIA is the result of having combined the American Architectural Manufacturers Association (AAMA) and the Insulating Glass Manufacturers Alliance (IGMA) as of the first of this year, the FGIA Board of Directors includes representatives who actively served in leadership roles within either of the separate associations. In addition, the vision, mission and goals for the new association were presented as well as preparation for the related strategic plan implementation. Members were also provided with an update on the unification implementation status.
Members of FGIA’s 2020 Board of Directors include:
- Chairman, Donnie Hunter, Kawneer Co. Inc.
- Vice Chairman, Dan Parrish, Pella Corp.
- Treasurer, Bill Briese, GED Integrated Solutions
- Immediate Past Chairman, Roland Rossman, Garibaldi Glass Industries
- Architectural Products Council (APC) Directors
- Robert Jutras, CLEB Laboratory Inc.
- Georges Thiret, Graham Architectural Products Corp.
- Mike Turner, YKK AP America Inc.
- Glass Products Council (GPC) Directors
- Rob Grommesh, Cardinal Glass Industries Inc.
- Mark Mikkelson, Andersen Corp.
- Helen Sanders, Technoform
- Residential Products Council (RPC) Directors
- Kevin Anez, Milgard Manufacturing Inc.
- Rob Luter, Lippert Components Inc.
- Kevin Seiling, VEKA Inc.
“This slate of experienced and dedicated Board members is well-positioned to lead FGIA through this first transitional year and to establish our direction for the future. We are fortunate to have so much fenestration and glass expertise specific to both residential and commercial construction markets among our officers and directors to drive our organization forward,” states Janice Yglesias, FGIA executive director.
Vision and Mission
The vision of the new association focuses on improving home and building performance through better glass, window, door and skylight technologies and standards. FGIA’s mission is to develop an inclusive community, leading the glass, glazing and fenestration industry through:
- Consensus-based standards
- Product certification
- Education and professional development
“With the established vision and mission in mind, detailed tactical plans are being developed to achieve our strategic objectives,” adds Yglesias.