When LIGHTFAIR International 2019 opens for business in Philadelphia on May 19, the annual commercial lighting and design trade show and conference will present more than 550 exhibitors in a full-facility event featuring at least 60 manufacturers in their LFI debut joining global brands having shown at LFI from its inception.
LIGHTFAIR’s 2019 run at the Pennsylvania Convention Center begins with the Pre-Conference May 19-20, and continues with the Trade Show and Conference May 21-23. More than 25,000 registrants from every U.S. state and more than 80 countries are expected to attend.
Helping mark its 30 year anniversary are these eight manufacturers which have exhibited in every LIGHTFAIR International trade show from its 1989 founding:
- Current Powered by GE
- Lutron Electronics
- Prudential LTG
- SLP Lighting
- Ushio America Inc.
“For three decades, the LIGHTFAIR trade show has presented the best of what is new and next to the global lighting and design community,” notes Dan Darby, LFI senior vice president. “Our 2019 staging sustains that mission with a product mix of incredible depth and diversity spanning the lighting and technology spectrum. Innovations, introductions, ideations and discoveries will abound in Philadelphia,” he adds.
In its 2019 staging, LIGHTFAIR features expanded resources in 10 categories, including controls; decorative lighting; alternative energy featuring solar power; software; exterior and roadway; digital signage; IoT; intelligent buildings; healthcare; and hospitality. The trade show floor will incorporate six curated pavilions, each offering a custom presentation of products strategically categorized to create a critical mass affording attendees ease of access and depth of selection. The LFI 2019 Pavilions lineup includes:
- The Design Pavilion, a showcase of modern and classic decorative designs.
- The Exterior & Roadway Lighting Pavilion, with its growing spectrum of manufacturers who offer advanced-technology outdoor products employing new systems and functionalities driving environmentally responsible lighting.
- The Global Light + Design Pavilion, which presents decorative lighting designs from internationally recognized manufacturers.
- The Intelligent Lightings Pavilion, featuring smart lighting solutions that respond to space needs to optimize flexibility, extend system life and maximize end-user comfort.
- The IoT (Internet of Things) Pavilion, which houses the technologies used to create networks employing connectivity to achieve more efficiency, reduce operating costs and collect data.
- The New Exhibitor Pavilion, featuring first-time exhibitors showcasing products and technological advances for the architecture and commercial industry.
Enhancing the New Exhibitor Pavilion is the surrounding LFI LIVE, an interactive meeting space where attendees connect for networking, education and fun. Also adjacent are the LIGHTFAIR Innovation Awards Lounge, exhibitor presentation areas and a head shot lounge.
Additional events and enhancements created to enhance and enliven the LFI 2019 30 year anniversary experience are guided tours of the trade show floors and after-hours dining experiences to assist attendees in exploring new business operations. A full list of LFI events is available online.