The new mission style connectors, which include post bases, strap ties and angles, are made from galvanized steel with a black powder-coat finish for corrosion protection. The fasteners are all exterior rated and also feature a black powder-coat finish.
A key feature of Outdoor Accents is a hex-head washer that is used with a structural wood screw to offer the look of a bolted connection with the installation ease of a screw. The patent-pending design of the washer makes for faster installation compared to through-bolting. It is code listed (IAPMO UES ER-192) and is designed to help fasten Outdoor Accents post bases, T and L straps, and angles.
Key features of Outdoor Accents:
- Post bases secure wood columns to concrete, while providing a 1-inch standoff height that helps reduce decay
- Flat T and L strap ties bring lateral strength to outdoor living spaces as well as indoor projects
- Fastener and washer create bolt-like connections, but install with the ease of a screw and without predrilling
- Structural strength tested and approved to meet building codes for high-wind or seismic conditions
- Galvanized steel with a black powder coat provides corrosion protection
- Patent-pending design facilitates installation