Lowe’s has launched its first Pro Fulfillment Center dedicated to serving professional customers or “Pros,” which includes a variety of businesses, including builders, remodelers, landscapers, plumbers, electricians and many more. The 200,000-square-foot Pro Fulfilment Center based in Charlotte, N.C., (7800 Tuckaseegee Road) began serving Pros in the greater Charlotte area this month.
- The Pro Fulfillment Center offers Charlotte area Pros Next-Day delivery of the products Pros use most in the quantities they need to succeed.
- The Pro Fulfillment Center pilot is key next step in Lowe’s Total Home strategy to serve and attract Pro customers who shop at a higher frequency and value speed and convenience.
- Key features include:
- The Pro Fulfillment Center helps Charlotte Pros stay on the job uninterrupted for longer through next-day, direct-to-jobsite delivery. Deliveries can be scheduled during convenient and reliable time windows, can be tracked online and are available through box or flatbed truck.
- More than 1,000 products stocked considered critical to Pros including lumber, building materials, roofing, sheetrock, shingles, insulation, windows/doors and big and bulky items with their key attachments.
- The Pro Fulfillment Center helps Charlotte Pros at their local Lowe’s stores as well by ensuring better supply of Pro products at the store, freeing up store deliveries and allowing Pro associates to focus on Pro customers in store.
- The Pro Fulfillment Center adds 40 Lowe’s jobs to the Charlotte area economy as well as additional positions for third-party delivery vendors as well. The 200K square foot facility was built to be a modern, zero-emission facility with such features as batter powered fork-lifts.
- The Charlotte Pro Fulfillment Center helps Lowe’s test, learn and evolve its approach to maximize the omni-channel experience to better serve Pros of all sizes. Lowe’s will continue to build our existing job-site delivery capabilities through our stores and Lowe’s Pro Supply branches.
- The Pro fulfillment Center comes at a time when 76 percent of Pros said they rely on their suppliers/retailers more than before, according to Lowe’s State of the Pro report released Feb. 1.