The User’s Manual for ANSI/ASHRAE Standard 62.1-2016, “Ventilation for Acceptable Indoor Air Quality”, provides information about the requirements of the standard and includes tables, illustrations, and examples to aid users in designing, installing and operating systems for ventilation in buildings.
“The standard contained changes that impact high-rise residential spaces, the indoor air quality procedure, laboratory exhaust and demand-control ventilation,” says Hoy Bohanon, chair of the Standard 62.1 committee. “The manual provides guidance on how to incorporate those changes and others.”
The manual contains:
- Information on the intent and application of Standard 62.1.
- Sample calculations and examples.
- Best practices examples, complying with the requirements of this version of Standard 62.1.
- Useful reference materials.
- Guidance for building operation and maintenance personnel.
- Instructions for application of tools used for compliance with Standard 62.1.
Also included is a link to newly revised web-based spreadsheets that aid in ventilation-rate procedure calculations.
To order the manual, visit ASHRAE’s website or contact the ASHRAE Customer Contact Center at (800) 527-4723 (U.S. and Canada) or (404) 636-8400 (worldwide).