In keeping with the industry hot topic right now, METALCON 2019 will feature its new construction technology hub, CONTECH, at this year’s conference and tradeshow in Pittsburgh from Wednesday, Oct. 16 – Friday, Oct. 18.
METALCON attendees will discover the latest in construction technology in an interactive hub showcasing the trends in wearable monitoring technology; wireless sensors; scanners; drones; tracking, costing and estimating software; smart-connected building systems; 3D technology; virtual reality/augmented reality; robotics; Internet of Things; and cybersecurity.
Sponsored by U.S. Steel, attendees will have access to the metal construction industry’s group of decision makers and learn how this construction technology improves productivity standards, creates a more engaged company culture and streamlines business processes.
Technology companies expected to exhibit the latest products and solutions, include the following, with even more to come:
· The Glimpse Group, a virtual reality and augmented reality company, comprised of multiple VR and AR software and servicing the architecture, healthcare, food, training, data visualization, and content management markets.
· ARKTEK3D, an advanced architectural designing platform, offering custom 3D home designing and rendering services.
· Revizto, a real-time issue tracking software for architecture, engineering and construction with a focus on collaboration and BIM project coordination.
· NoteVault, a simplified daily reporting solution to document jobsite data and project activity, and is the only construction reporting solution to use human transcription – team members can record audio notes in the field, and the audio is converted into the text of each daily report.
· Geomni, providing aerial imagery, machine learning (AI) and detailed property measurement data serving a variety of industries.
· The Blue Book Building & Construction Network, the largest and most active network in the commercial construction industry providing digital workflow solutions that enable construction professionals to find and spec products, share project documents, streamline bid communications and view, markup and takeoff documents.
· Virtuele, providing machine learning and artificial Intelligence tools to help you make the right decisions in your projects.
· Solution Huddle, providing cloud solutions including business intelligence and analytics, cloud infrastructure and services and IoT to help your company grow revenue, increase efficiency, manage information and improve profitability.
· Hammett Technologies, brings enterprise-level technology services and support to small to midsize businesses providing one team to secure, manage and support your entire technology program.
· 360Connect, helps connect businesses with quality suppliers for B2B products and services.
In addition, industry experts from Geomni, Solution Huddle and Hammett Technologies will present educational sessions on these products and the latest trends in construction technology.
METALCON’S technology focus continues with The Roofing Technology Think Tank (RT3) Contractor to Contractor: Technology Innovation Panel presentation on Wednesday, Oct. 16 at 12:15 p.m. moderated by Heidi Ellsworth, partner with RoofersCoffeeShop and owner of HJE Consulting. Additional panelists include Bill Wilkins, Pointivo; Steve Little, K-Post; and Josey Parks of Metal Roofs of Texas and J. Wales Construction.
During this panel presentation, contractors will share their successes and challenges with implementing technology into sales and marketing, operations, back office, health and safety and recruiting. Attendees will:
· See what technologies progressive contractors are using to help their business
· Learn what challenges come with the implementation of technology and how to overcome it
· Understand how technology can make a business more efficient, streamlined and more profitable
· Meet other contractors to connect with for support and guidance in selecting the most appropriate technologies.
“We are excited to debut CONTECH, our new construction technology hub this year where attendees can learn how technology is changing the way we design and build,” says Claire Kilcoyne, METALCON show director.
METALCON takes place at the David L. Lawrence Convention Center, 1000 Ft. Duquesne Blvd., Pittsburgh, Penn., 15222. For more information on this three-day event, visit the website.