METALCON, the metal construction industry’s only global event for metal construction products, technologies and solutions, announces its new safety certificate program in partnership with SafetyWorks Inc.
The METALFOCUS Safety Certificate Program kicks off on Feb. 18. Craig Schaffer, president of SafetyWorks, will lead and teach the program?a series of 10 one-hour virtual safety courses tailored to supervisors, foremen, crews and others in the industry. Schaffer is a Certified Safety Professional with more than 30 years of occupational safety and health experience in the construction and manufacturing industries, as well as an authorized instructor for construction OSHA-10 & OSHA-30 courses.
METALFOCUS presents the latest metal safety rules, tools, trends and techniques to avoid costly or potentially fatal accidents?beyond traditional OSHA-10 safety training?and address situations unique to metal construction job sites. Courses focus on increasing safety, reducing job site risks and lowering the risk of regulatory penalties, and include the following:
- Course 1 Feb. 18 OSHA’s Steel Erection Standard (29 CFR 1926 Subpart R)
- Course 2 Feb. 25 Fall Protection Planning
- Course 3 March 4 Hot Work & HW Permits
- Course 4 March 12 Rigging Safety Considerations (not a rigging certification class)
- Course 5 March 19 Crane Ops & Lift Planning
- Course 6 March 25 Supervisor Safety Responsibilities
- Course 7 April 1 Project Safety Planning
- Course 8 April 8 Job Safety Analysis (JSA)
- Course 9 April 15 Incident Reporting & Investigation
- Course 10 April 22 Managing OSHA Inspections
Registration fees begin at $30 per class including training materials, with discounts available for multiple class and group registrations. All courses will be available “live” with real-time Q & A and on-demand. Participants receive a certificate of completion for each course completed. Those who complete the entire 10-course program will receive special recognition on our website and at METALCON 2021 in Tampa, Fla., on Oct. 6-8. Register for one or more METALFOCUS courses.
“Metal building construction presents unique safety concerns,” says Judy Geller, METLACON’s vice president of Tradeshows. “That’s why we’ve lined up a stellar safety program with one of the best in the industry and will continue to deliver exceptional programming year-round?and until we meet again in person?for a new and exciting world-class event in Tampa.”