The patent-pending MPBZ is ideal for freestanding structures such as carports, fences and decks. It features an overlapping sleeve design, which encapsulates the post, keeping it from rotating around its base when lateral loads are applied from above.
The MPBZ’s ability to withstand lateral loads reduces the need for diagonal knee bracing to provide more versatility in creating open-air structures with unobstructed views. The product is engineered and tested to save specifiers and contractors time and expense involved in designing, calculating, and ordering custom-fabricated parts.
Features and benefits of the MPBZ moment post base:
- Overlapping sleeve design wraps the bottom of the post to resist overturning
- 1-inch tabs at the bottom to provide post standoff prevents wood rot caused by standing water and ground moisture
- Indicators and internal tabs identify the required concrete embedment depth
- Strategically placed holes simplify installation with template attachment and facilitate post-installation inspection
- Optional holes are provided for attaching additional trim material
- Weep hole allows for water drainage
- ZMAX coating provides corrosion resistance for exterior and preservative-treated lumber applications
- 4×4 and 6×6 sizes are available off-the-shelf
- Single-piece design facilitates installation
For installation information about the MPBZ moment post base, visit here.