Nominations are open to recognize up-and-coming leaders of the lighting industry as 2018 Forces Under 40, the National Association of Innovative Lighting Distributors (NAILD) has announced.
Both NAILD members and non-members are eligible for nomination in the second class of Forces Under 40.
The NAILD program shines a spotlight on the up-and-coming leaders in the industry who are younger than 40. Help identify the accomplished young lighting professionals by nominating someone with whom you have worked first-hand. Nominations can be made here.
“The lighting industry is going through both technological and generational change. During the next decade, many of our industry veterans will retire and hand the reins over to the next generation,” says NAILD President Robin Watt. “We want to recognize those professionals who represent the next generation of rising stars in the industry.”
Nominations are due Jan. 31, 2018. Those recognized will be honored at NAILD Innovation 2018 on Feb. 13-1, in Rancho Mirage, Calif., as well as in Today’s Lighting Distributor magazine, a press release and on NAILD’s social media channels.
Last year’s inaugural class recognized six lighting leaders:
- Ira Greenberg, CEO of Keystone Technologies in North Wales, Penn., who had overseen the emergence of Keystone Technologies as a competitor among lighting component manufacturers.
- Matt John, chief strategy officer and executive vice president at Elemental LED in Emeryville, Calif., who was the driving force in the development of Elemental LEDs patented products.
- Cory Schneider, CEO of Lighting Unlimited in Scottsdale, Ariz., who held every job in the company before taking over the responsibility of leading the four-store distributorship.
- Guillaume Vidal, co-CEO of Green Creative in San Bruno, Calif., who is a product development guru that has created many award-winning lighting products in the market.
- Kevin Wolff, national distribution sales manager at Jesco Lighting in Windham, N.H., who has led the company into a new level of distribution by training personnel and developing customer relationships.
- Cole Zucker, co-CEO of Green Creative in San Bruno, Calif., who has brought innovation to the lighting industry and is a strong partner in the traditional distribution channel.
Years of Innovation
NAILD innovation in the lighting industry is evidenced by its educational programs providing cutting-edge knowledge that manufacturers and distributors need to take their businesses to the next level. The revamped Lighting Specialist-II training allows users to concentrate on specific market segments. The Lighting Specialist-Controls program provides the necessary training that industry professionals need in a world dominated by the Internet of Things.
The annual conference, NAILD Innovation, offers nearly triple the number of educational speakers, while still offering the personal networking opportunities that make the NAILD conference a can’t-miss for industry professionals. NAILD Innovation 2018 will take place Feb. 13-16, 2018, at the Westin Mission Hills in Rancho Mirage, Calif.