The NRHA All-Industry Conference will once again take place in conjunction with the National Hardware Show (NHS), Oct. 12-15, 2020. This year, the conference and show are happening virtually so attendees can safely have access to the complete lineup of presentations from industry experts, successful retailers, and channel partners.
“The hardware and tools industry is ever-evolving and at NHS we know how important it is, especially now, to provide the knowledge and learning necessary for businesses to adapt. Going virtual this year offers attendees the chance to engage with key individuals, learn about the evolution of the industry and best practices to grow their business from the comfort and safety of their home or office,” says Rich Russo, industry vice president for the National Hardware Show. “We are pleased to be able to host NRHA virtually as the full program will offer a mix of keynotes and panel presentations from an all-star roster of industry professionals with different perspectives and valuable insight to help evolve and propel businesses forward.”
The conference is hosted by the North American Hardware and Paint Association (NHPA), previously known as the North American Retail Hardware Association (NRHA). The organization changed its name Sept. 21, in conjunction with expanding its membership to include independent paint and decorating retailers.
“The show must go on and as such, we are proud to be alongside of the 2020 National Hardware Virtual Show,” says Dan Tratensek, executive vice president with NHPA. “This year’s NRHA All-Industry Conference will uphold its reputation of offering attendees’ educational content and networking opportunities designed to foster innovation, growth and success. Whether in-person or virtual, we understand that attendees need to stay up to date on the needs of their customers, learn innovative business techniques along with furthering their knowledge in ever-changing hardware industry. This year’s program will focus on this and other topics relevant to independent retailers and beyond.”
Must-See Speakers and Educational Sessions
To thrive in the market of today, retailers need to be future-focused and strategic, as well as open to emerging technologies that will ultimately impact the way consumers interact and engage with their products and brands. The NRHA All-Industry Conference will offer insights from wholesale executives, successful retailers and industry experts who know disruption is essential to winning. Some key sessions and speakers that will take place during the show include:
- KEYNOTE: How Independents Are Still Disrupting, a Conversation With Dan Starr (Monday, Oct. 12, at 12:00 p.m.) – Dan Tratensek, NRHA; Dan Starr, president & CEO, Do it Best Corp.
- KEYNOTE: Employees First: Disrupting Assumptions for More Loyal Customers and Stronger Sales (Wednesday, Oct. 14, at 12:00 p.m. EST) – Kevin Hancock, chairman & CEO, Hancock Lumber
- 5 Disrupters Challenging the Home Improvement Industry (Tuesday, Oct. 13, at 12:00 p.m. EST) – Jim Robisch, senior partner, The Farnsworth Group
- 6 Steps to Selling Your Business (Monday, Oct. 12, at 1:00 p.m.) – Gary Pittsford, president & CEO, Castle Wealth Advisors
- The Tools You Need to Improve Your Culture (Monday, Oct. 12, at 11:00 a.m. EST) – Kim Peffley, retail consultant, NRHA
- How to Manage E-Commerce in a Post-Covid Environment (Thursday, Oct. 15, at 1:00 p.m.) – Jimmy Barber, Sr. director of E-commerce and Scott Sinclair, director of E-commerce, OneStone
NHPA Top Guns
One highlight of the Conference is the annual Top Guns presentation, which recognizes top-performing independent home improvement retailers, known as Top Guns.
- NRHA Top Guns Presentation (Tuesday, Oct. 13, at 1:00 p.m. EST) -Hosted by Melanie Moul, NRHA – This program pays tribute to some of the industry’s top performers, enabling attendees to see how these retailers are innovating in their businesses, giving back to their communities and pushing the industry forward to continually rise to the top.
Registration for the 2020 Virtual Show is now open and members of the industry, retailers, as well as members of the press, are encouraged to sign up now and experience everything that NHS has to offer. All interested attendees can sign up online. All information you provide will be used to create your virtual badge and personalized digital profile.
Stay tuned for additional details and information from the NHS team focused on the virtual show, as well as plans for the physical show taking place May 11-13, 2021.