Ryan and Eileen’s beginnings lie in made-to-order furniture and custom interior design, having created specialized décor and interiors for celebrities in Hollywood. While their company, The Wooden Palate, continues to fabricate handcrafted wooden items for the kitchen space, the launch of the Studio E&R brand showcases furniture that utilizes rough-cuts and natural finish paired with urban and mid-century style.
Initial pieces from the new furniture line:
- Aleece: Fumed Quarter Sawn American White Oak dining table crafted from dozens of vertically aligned cuts, hand picked to create a complex pattern from the natural grain. Incorporates solid brass inlays along the base.
- Misty Accent Table: edge grain Fumed Oak and Solid Brass side table inspired by ballet dancer Misty Copeland.
- Ex-Table: fumed Danish oak X-Wing side table with hand cut butterflies and sliding dovetail connections that create a complicated piece.
- Waterfall Table: exquisite and luxurious black walnut waterfall bench or table that sits on round solid brass legs. One solid slab of wood is selected and is merged seamlessly to create a flowing piece.
- Small Flaws Table: custom dining table made from 1000 year old redwood chosen for knotting and natural wood flaws. The tree bark is left intact on the piece for textural and visual appeal. Black Walnut and solid brass base.
- Natural Burl: The Burl Table fuses two naturally formed pieces of wood (Redwood or Black Walnut, depending on availability) into a coffee table or bench.
- Clydesdale: an edge grain fumed oak island. Suitable for accent or for heavy use.
Additional pieces will follow.
The Studio E&R website hosts samples of the new furniture line and interior design work.