Twenty-five commercial LED indoor and outdoor lighting products were recognized by the Next Generation Luminaires (NGL) Solid-State Lighting Design Competition.
Sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy, the Illuminating Engineering Society, and the International Association of Lighting Designers, NGL promotes excellence in the design of energy-efficient LED products for commercial lighting applications.
The idea behind NGL is to make it easier to find the best specification-grade LED lighting products. Of the 25 recognized winners, five received the additional distinction of being considered Outstanding:
- Focal Point: Awarded Outstanding for its Nera linear pendant luminaire.
- Eaton: Awarded Outstanding for its Portfolio dim-to-warm downlight.
- Kenall Lighting: Awarded Outstanding for its MedMaster Balance white-tunable luminaire.
- Landscape Forms Inc.: Awarded Outstanding for its FGP Path Light bollard.
- Cree: Awarded Outstanding for its RSW Series LED Street Luminaire.