The National Roofing Contractors Association (NRCA) has announced its 2017-18 slate of officers and directors at its 130th Annual Convention held in Las Vegas.
Jim Barr, president of Barr Roofing Co., Abilene, Texas, has been elected NRCA chairman of the board, and Kent Schwickert, senior vice president—national business unit, Schwickert’s Tecta America of Mankato LLC, Mankato, Minn., was elected chairman of the board-elect. David Hesse, vice president of Kalkreuth Roofing and Sheet Metal Inc., Wheeling, W. Va.; Nick Sabino, president of Deer Park Roofing Inc., Cincinnati; J.J. Smithey, president of Frost Roofing Inc., Wapakoneta, Ohio; and David Tilsen, president, Tilsen Roofing Co. Inc., Madison, Wis., were elected vice chairmen.
Additionally, the following were elected NRCA directors:
- Charles Antis, founder and chief executive officer of Antis Roofing & Waterproofing, Irvine, Calif.
- Chad Collins, president of Bone Dry Roofing Co., Bogart, Ga.
- Luke Duffy, vice president of Elens and Maichin Roofing and Sheet Metal Inc., Joliet, Ill.
- Alex Hernandez, president of Clark Roofing Inc., Broadview, Ill.
- Erica Jackson, president of CYE Enterprises, Jacksonville, Fla.
- Bryan Karel, project manager/supervisor at Garlock-French Corp., Minneapolis
- Hunter Merrill, owner of Mountain Roofing Inc., Roanoke, Va.
- Bob Morgan, chief executive officer of Upstate Roofing and Painting Inc., Rochester, N.Y.
- Tim Stephens, service department manager at Ben Hill Roofing and Siding Co. Inc., Douglasville, Ga.
All 2017-18 officers and directors will assume their roles June 1, 2017.