The National Tile Contractors Association (NTCA) has announced the names of its members who were recipients of industry awards at Coverings Installation and Design Awards (CID) Ceremony in Atlanta.
The Coverings Rock Stars, an Emerging Leaders Program, honors young talent in the tile and stone industry. Since its conception, the program has recognized dozens of young leaders who have connected at Coverings through mentorship and networking opportunities. The program underscores its mission to support the growth and success of the industry by recognizing talent and fostering networking and educational opportunities.
The three individuals recognized are supporters and members of the Association.
Triniti Vigil of J&R Tile, San Antonio
- Ceramic Tile Education Foundation – Certified Tile Installer Program Regional Evaluator
- Bi-lingual leader mentoring apprentices in the J&R Tile Department of Labor approved program
Cameron Proctor of David Allen Co., Raleigh, N.C.
- Project manager for the David Allen Co. at age 34; recording over 2 million square-feet of tile and stone projects
- Both industry educator and student, developing his and others’ technical expertise on a variety of products and projects
Jason McDaniel of Stoneman Construction LLC, Portland, Ore.
- Nominated by 11 industry leaders for the Rock Star Award
- Founder of Global Tile Posse Network; avid NTCA supporter and philanthropist with the Wounded Warrior Projects in Oregon
Four NTCA members were among those selected as winners of the Coverings Installation & Design (CID) Awards, which honors design and installation of tile and stone in the categories of residential stone, residential tile, commercial stone and commercial tile.
A panel of judges consisting of editors, designers and industry professionals evaluated all submissions.
The NTCA congratulates the following members for being recognized for their accomplishments:
- Camarata Masonry Systems of Houston –Commercial Stone Installation winner
- California Tile Installers of Cupertino, Calif. – Grand Prize winner for Commercial Tile Installation
- Columbia River Tile & Stone of Portland –Residential Stone Installation winner
- Tile Design by (Nadine) Edelstein of Seattle –Residential Tile Installation winner
“On behalf of the board members and staff of the NTCA, we applaud all of the award winners, both seasoned veterans and those up-and-coming,’” states Bart Bettiga, NTCA executive director. “As our Association moves forward with its efforts to educate and train for the future, these accomplishments solidify what career accomplishments can be attained.”