Since 1984 Pure Air Control Services, who was ranked in both the Business Observer Top 500 and INC. 5000, has conducted environmental investigations and remediation in more than 12,000 buildings across 700 million square feet. The company has helped both the private and public sector navigate through other recent pandemics such as SARS, MERS and H1N1. Now they bring that expertise to a 4-part webinar series, titled Creating Healthier Buildings, beginning Tuesday, Sept. 1, 2020.
“We are thrilled to be able to share our vast knowledge about how building systems and environmental conditions can either minimize the risk or worsen the spread of pathogens in a building,” says Alan Wozniak, president of Pure Air Control Services, “It has always been our goal to partner with our customers to optimize building health to the benefit of their occupants and bottom line.”
The educational series will focus on a holistic approach to a building’s eco-system. It will demonstrate the inter-connectivity of the building envelope and its mechanical systems to explain how underlying hygiene and performance conditions can increase the risks to occupant safety. Especially during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Part 1: Importance of Baseline IAQ, Tuesday, Sept. 1, 2020, 2:00pm ET
- Understanding the baseline indoor air quality and performance of a building is the foundation to optimizing its health. It is critical to risk management, problem solving and corrective action. During this ongoing COVID-19 pandemic it is important to know how underlying IAQ affects the transmission and longevity of the virus. This webinar looks at how IAQ testing and evaluation is the cornerstone of occupant well-being.
- Part 2: HVAC Is Critical to Building Health, Tuesday, Sept. 15, 2020, 2:00pm ET
- The HVAC system is a vital element of building health. Especially with the transmission of COVID-19 being airborne. Simply put, HVAC is the lungs and respiratory system of a building. Taking a breath (changing the air) 4-8 times an hour. This webinar discusses how HVAC cleanliness affects the proliferation of indoor contaminants and energy efficiency, as well as effective methods for system cleaning and restoration.
- Part 3: Elevating Building Disinfection, Tuesday, Sept. 29, 2020, 2:00pm ET
- Building disinfection and sanitization plays a role in occupant safety during the COVID-19 pandemic. But what methods are most effective and efficient? While decontamination of the ambient occupied space is critical, what about other areas that influence the spread of contaminants? This webinar provides insights into total building disinfection including the air conveyance system, as well as methods and equipment used for different situations with a particular focus on the efficacy of electrostatic spray disinfection.
- Part 4: Engineering a Self-Healing Building, Tuesday, Oct. 13, 2020, 2:00pm ET
- Air purification and other systems for the continuous maintenance of the indoor environment have been a commodity during the COVID-19 pandemic. However, not all technology or equipment are created equal. What are the differences and efficacies of air purifiers, bipolar ionizers, filtration and UV? How effective can they be if nothing is being done to address underlying IAQ issues? The final session of the healthy buildings webinar Series dives into the engineered solutions that work together to keep baseline IAQ optimal.
Each session will run approximately 30-40 minutes with time allotted for questions and answers. Handouts will also be provided, as well as a video replay link to those who signed up.