Mitsubishi Electric Trane HVAC US (METUS) has introduced a line of P-Series PUY-7 outdoor units for single-zone cooling.
Developed for the residential and light commercial market, the PUY-7 outdoor units are efficient. With the addition of front, side and rear wind baffles, the units now offer the ability to provide 100 percent rated cooling capacity down to -40 F outside air temperature.
PUY-7 models offer 24-hour continuous operation which make them ideal for critical cooling environments, such as equipment rooms and indoor agriculture settings. Additionally, the units offer noise reduction features contributing to a low operating sound level of 44 dB(A). With the INVERTER-driven compressor and part-load operation, there’s no excess noise or energy wasted due to conventional start and stop cycles. The compressor is isolated in an insulated compartment and on rubber feet for vibration dampening and sound reduction.
The PUY-7 offers other features and benefits:
- Support for twinning — two indoor units can be connected to one PUY-7 outdoor unit to condition a single, large zone
- Integrated compatibility with METUS indoor units equipped with multi-part filtration systems to reduce airborne contaminants like allergens
- Rated cooling capacity range in the lineup: 12,000 – 42,000 BTU/H
- Compatibility with a range of thermostats using the Thermostat Interface
- High-efficiency with SEER ratings ranging from 16.1 up to 27, depending on the outdoor model and the connected indoor unit
- Availability in 1 to 3.5-ton size options
PUY-7 outdoor units have a slim profile, small footprint and require minimal maintenance. Front panels provide access to main components and built-in self-diagnostics allow technicians to monitor the system with Maintenance Tool. Also, its wind baffles are low maintenance and installs with ease.