Brilliant has announced a platform to improve the overall experience of apartment living for residents and make multifamily properties more cost-effective to manage. Brilliant now enables property developers, owners and managers to increase the appeal and value of their properties by offering smart apartments as a standard amenity and drive operational efficiencies and cost savings using Brilliant’s enterprise software and property automation tools.
Designed to be installed in new and existing multifamily properties, Brilliant’s smart apartment system offers integrations with a growing list of smart home products and smart property systems and a software dashboard for property managers to remotely monitor, control, and automate portfolios of smart apartment properties. Unlike competing systems, Brilliant smart apartments integrate touchscreen control panels with built-in voice control and motion detection into the decor of each apartment to allow residents to control lighting, climate, music, locks, visitor intercom systems, home automation scenes, and more. Installation requires replacing a light switch panel with a Brilliant Smart Home Control, and it does not require custom wiring or programming.
Brilliant’s smart apartment platform offers the following features and benefits:
- Resident-friendly experience: Touchscreen controls with built-in Amazon Alexa voice control and motion detection plus an all-in-one mobile app for residents to control the entire living experience from anywhere.
- Customizable smart apartments: Choose from a suite of smart home products including Resideo’s Honeywell Home Smart Thermostats and Water Leak Detectors, Brilliant Smart Dimmer Switches with built-in motion detection, Sonos Speakers, Ring Peephole and Inside Cameras, SALTO KS Smart Locks, ButterflyMX smart intercoms, Brilliant Smart Plugs and more.
- Smart energy and lighting: Reduce energy consumption by automating heating/cooling and lighting in vacant units and common areas with Honeywell Home Smart Thermostats and Brilliant Smart Light Switches with built-in motion detection. These products also enable residents to reduce energy consumption.
- Visitor intercom and property entrance access control: Enable residents to see live video of visitors who ring their apartment from a ButterflyMX smart intercom, communicate with visitors using 2-way audio, and unlock the main property entrance using Brilliant Controls or a mobile app.
- Keyless access control: Brilliant’s partnership with SALTO eases the ability for property managers to remotely monitor and control smart locks throughout their properties. Brilliant’s integration with SALTO KS will be available later this year.
- Water leak and freeze detectors: Use Honeywell Home Water Leak Detectors to catch water leaks and frozen pipes and alert property staff to respond immediately before they become costly disasters.
- Property management software integration: Sync up-to-date vacancy/occupancy information straight from Entrata to automate smart apartment and resident experiences. Configure vacant units to save energy, streamline resident onboarding and move-out processes, remotely assist residents, enable property tours, and more. Integrations with other property management platforms are coming soon.
- Brilliant Command Center: Enterprise software tool for property managers to automate and remotely control smart devices across properties and alert staff about detected issues, important events, and actions to take.
Brilliant’s smart apartment system is customizable and available in the U.S. and Canada. Hardware components are offered as a one-time purchase and management software and services are offered as a per-unit monthly fee.