Window coverings are a design element in a space, and designers seek fabrics with subtle patterns in neutral colors that can outlive design trends. Fabrics in the Atelier Collection complement other interior design elements like wall and floor coverings and upholstery, to bold and unique patterns, distinct enough to make the window the focal point of a room.
The 128 fabric options are available as both blackouts and sheers, and have a useable width of 108-inches. The Atelier Collection includes six fabric families:
- Bouclé: Bold and textured, resembling a tweed
- Hachure: Tailored, with a cross-hatch pattern inspired by woven linen
- Matrice: A grid design that adds visual dimension to a space
- Pochoir: A floral pattern, with a reversible color palette
- Satine: Smooth with a polished finish
- Stria: A ribbed fabric composed of natural cottons in a horizontal pattern
When curating these fabrics, Lutron found inspiration in the atelier, the European workshop or studio used by artists and designers to hone their craft. When paired with Lutron shades, these fabrics undergo quality testing and all shades and fabrics are hand inspected to ensure aesthetics and performance. To support the launch, new tools are available to dealers, including a fabric binder organized by color for specification ease.