Simpson Strong-Tie has launched its Titen HD Washer Head screw anchor, a heavy-duty screw anchor for use in cracked and uncracked concrete and masonry. With the introduction of the washer-head design, the Titen family of concrete and masonry anchoring solutions offers a full range of versatile, high-performance products designed for strength and reliability in a variety of applications.
The carbon-steel, zinc-plated Titen HD Washer Head provides builders and contractors with a design for situations when a minimal head profile is necessary. Offered in sizes suitable for use in sill plate applications, the washer head’s low installed profile means modular wall and floor systems can be installed on top of the sill plate without the need to notch wall framing to accommodate the anchor.
With the introduction of the washer-head design, the comprehensive line of Titen HD anchors now includes solutions for concrete and masonry anchoring applications requiring a washer-head, hex-head, or countersunk profile.
Designed for fast, simple installation on the job site, the Titen HD Washer Head anchor’s 6-lobe drive eases driving and is less prone to stripping. Additional features of the Titen HD washer-head anchor include:
- Qualified in accordance with ICC-ES AC193 and ACI 355.2 for cracked and uncracked concrete for static, wind and seismic loading conditions.
- Available in 1/2- and 5/8-inch diameters; hole size matches anchor size.
- Designed to install using standard-sized ANSI tolerance drill bits.
- For added convenience, a 1/2-inch socket adapter and two T-drive bits are included in each box.
- Anchors are easily removable and ideal for temporary anchoring or applications where fixtures may need to be moved.
- Washer head allows for screw anchor applications incompatible with hex-head anchors.