Modified wood manufacturer Kebony and cladding and decking attachment system innovator Grad Concept USA have launched Grad for Kebony, a new rainscreen system developed for the North American building envelope industry and interior accent walls.
Grad for Kebony utilizes a special cladding profile, expressly designed for the Grad Mini Rail system, which precisely locks Kebony Grad cladding into place quickly and easily.
Grad for Kebony Mini Rail clips are factory-placed in position, so the installer simply fastens the rails onto the sheathing or vapor barrier and snaps the boards on. The rails create a natural air gap so there’s no need to install furring strips ahead of time.
Based on the desired aesthetic, Mini Rails come in two different gap sizes and can be installed vertically or horizontally: 1- by 6-inch with a narrow gap (5/32 inch), which is similar in appearance to a nickel gap profile; and 1- by 6-inch with a wide gap (17/64 inch), which resembles shiplap.
The Grad for Kebony system features:
- Patented clips pre-mounted on aluminum rails
- Uniform spacing for the perfect look
- Built-in air gap behind the boards
- A true hidden fastening system
- Fifty percent faster installation time
- Made of 100 percent recyclable aluminum and POM (polyoxymethylene)
- No pre-drilling of the boards or rails required
- Thirty-year warranty (Kebony Clear)
- Fifty to 75 year expected life span
- No maintenance required
- Fades to silver-gray patina when left unfinished
- In stock, no custom milling required
- One board with two gap size options