The American Society of Landscape Architects (ASLA) has announced that any students qualifying for Student, Student Affiliate, or International Student memberships can join the Society free of charge.
“ASLA is committed to fostering the next generation of landscape architects,” says Wendy Miller, FASLA, president of ASLA. “Students are being hit particularly hard in these difficult times. ASLA wants to make sure we’re there to provide resources, encouragement, and professional development opportunities for students looking to move forward in landscape architecture.”
Student ASLA members will gain access to a suite of educational and professional resources, including:
- ASLA exclusive Mentorship Program, connecting students with professional mentors.
- Membership in one of 20 Professional Practice Networks
- Access to the ASLA online learning library, JSTOR, and Virtual Portfolio Reviews
- Access to JobLink – ASLA’s platform to connect landscape architecture job seekers with hiring firms
- Preparation materials for the L.A.R.E. examination
- Opportunities to shape the Society’s future through participation in various committees, such as the Climate Action Committee and Student Advisory Committee
- Digital subscription to the award-winning Landscape Architecture Magazine