With its 17th annual VERSATEXcellence awards presentation, VERSATEX Building Products LLC has recognized “exceptional marketplace performance” for both partner companies and individuals based in the U.S. and Canada.
VERSATEX Sales VP Rick Kapres, who hosted the Dec. 17 virtual event, praised those honored for their “contributions to phenomenal industry growth during a challenging period in the history we all share.” The recipients include 12 companies, a Pennsylvania distributor sales representative and four members of the VERSATEX in-house team. Online coverage can be found on the VERSATEX Building Products Facebook page.
• Atlantic Forest Products, Baltimore: Distributor of the Year. Other finalists: Dixie Plywood, Tampa, Fla.; U.S. Lumber, Altoona, Pa.; and Amerhart, Williamsburg, Mich.
• Clingerman Doors, Clearville, Pa.: Fabricator of the Year. Other finalists: G&G Millwork, Key Largo, Fla.; and Decor Innovations, Oakville, Ontario, Canada
• Leeds Builders Inc., Margate City, N.J.: Builder of the Year. Other finalists: Tschetters Construction Corp., West Seneca, N.Y.; and KingPost Design and Construction, Wilmington, N.C.
• Special Wood of Wilmington, Castle Hayne, N.C.: National Stocking Dealer of the Year
Regional Stocking Dealers of the Year
• 84 Lumber, Cape May, N.J.: Eastern Sales Region
• Chatham Kent Metal Sales, Chatham, Ontario: Western New York and Eastern Canada Sales Region
• D. Baker and Son Lumber Co., Grand Haven, Mich.: Mid-Western Sales Region
• High Brothers Lumber Co., Camdenton, Mo.: Western Sales Region
• Island Lumber & Hardware, Holmes Beach, Fla.: Gulf States Sales Region
• Paneling Sales, Gordonville, Pa.: Mid-Eastern Sales Region
• Special Wood of Wilmington, Castle Hayne, N.C.: South-Eastern Sales Region
• T.W. Perry, Gaithersburg, Md.: Mid-Atlantic Sales Region
• Williams Lumber and Home Centers, Rhinebeck, N.Y.: North-Eastern Sales Region
Distributor Sales Rep of the Year
Mark Kelly, U.S. Lumber (Altoona), Claysburg, Pa. Other finalists: Kristin Russel, Dixie Plywood, Tampa, Fla.; and Mike Segal, Wholesale Millwork, Reading, Pa .
• Matt Cullen, Mid-Atlantic Region: Regional and Territory Sales Manager of the Year. Other finalists: Mark Edmundson, Eastern Region; and Rich Maurer, South-Eastern Region
• Ricardo Torres, New England Region: Area Sales Manager of the Year. Other finalists: Jay Morrow, West-Central Florida Region; and Craig Dawson, Western and Central Ontario Region
• Tyler Freeman, Eastern Pennsylvania Region, and Jeff Pokryska, Southern New Jersey Region: Market Development Specialist of the Year (co-winners). Other finalist: Matt Baumeister, Northern Florida Region
Kapres concluded with special thanks to three companies that, although not singled out for awards in 2021, “have for so many years served as our allies in maintaining spectacular success. Deep appreciation to National Lumber Co., in New England; Riverhead Building Supply Corp., of Long Island, N.Y.; and T.W. Perry Co., of Washington, D.C. and Baltimore.”