Viega LLC has announced the Spring 2020 lineup of training courses at its seminar centers in Broomfield, Colo., and Nashua, N.H.
The offerings include topics from commercial piping solution to radiant design and LoopCAD. With two fully equipped seminar centers, Viega supports the trades and helps contractors become more versatile, skilled and efficient. To date, more than 40,000 people, from self-employed contractors to employees of large firms, have taken courses at the centers.
The classes are taught by experts with years of experience in the field and offer ample hands-on experience. Attendees leave with skills and knowledge that will show immediate benefits on the job.
Training seminars are listed below:
- Radiant Design, Piping and Controls
- June 16-18, Nashua, N.H.; March 3-5 and April 15-17, Broomfield, Colo.
- Covers design theory and practice, piping arrangements and control strategies. Includes hybrid systems, multiple temperature piping arrangements and system component placement.
- May 20-21, Nashua; June 3-4, Broomfield
- How to use LoopCAD software for radiant design and layouts. Covers heat loss, drawing layout, material selection and snow melt.
- Commercial Piping Solutions
- March 18-19 and May 12-13, Nashua; May 19-20, Broomfield
- Covers Viega systems and products and their appropriate uses. Includes PureFlow, ProPress and MegaPress; hybrid systems; installation techniques; project savings; hands-on installation and competitive information.
- Press Technology for Fuel Gas Piping
- April 8, Nashua; April 15, Broomfield
- Covers the use of carbon steel press systems for fuel gas piping in residential, commercial and industrial applications. Fuel types such as natural gas, LP gas, diesel, fuel oil and kerosene and their implications in NFPA 54 will be covered.
- NFPA 13D Fire Sprinkler
- April 28, Nashua
- Covers NFPA 13D requirements, system design, installation concerns and energy code compliance.
- Snow and Ice Melting
- June 8-9, Nashua; May 14-15, Broomfield
- Covers design and installation of hydronic snow and ice melting systems, including design, installation, practices, estimating operating cost, piping and control options.
- ASSE/RPA Hydronics Systems Certification
- June 2, Broomfield
- One-day course plus 16 hours of self-guided material covers concepts and definitions, components and installation, radiant systems, tubing, code requirements, system commissioning and documentation. Upon passing an exam, trainees will be certified by ASSE International as Professional Hydronics Heating and Cooling Installers. Also offered as a re-certification.
- Radiant Piping and Controls
- June 25-26, Broomfield
- Covers different piping arrangements and control strategies for installing a radiant system, including hybrid systems, multiple temperature piping arrangements, as well as system component placement.
- PEX Piping Systems and Applications
- June 11-12, Broomfield
- Covers differences between PEX systems and fitting compatibility, manufacturing methods, tubing standards, temperature and pressure ratings, joining methods, and applications for plumbing, mechanical, fire protection and radiant/hydronic installations. Installation best practices and hands-on exercises will make up a large portion of the training.