Shades can be programmed with timed events to automatically provide exactly the right amount of light 24 hours a day. Let in the sun to warm your home naturally during cool weather; then program the system to close the shades when you want to keep the sun out or simply desire complete privacy.
Marvin’s shading system allows homeowners the ultimate in control for their exterior shading systems. The smart technology allows homeowners to preset the precise shading position for optimal energy management, privacy, and mood.
Marvin’s new shading system is compatible with screened windows. Choose from the currently available options of a retractable louvered screen for solar control and natural ventilation, or the more traditional shade with slats to match your desires for solar control, privacy and improved U-value. Both systems offer an unobstructed view of the Marvin product on the interior, as well as helping to protect the home and furnishings from UV damage when drawn.
The shading system is compatible with Marvin sliding and swinging windows, including the Ultimate Glider, Ultimate Double Hung, Direct Glaze, Hopper window and Ultimate Picture window, the latter of which is available in sizes as large as 40-inches wide by 96-inches tall.
Marvin’s exterior shading solution includes features and benefits such as:
- Fully integrated into window, not an add-on
- Available with Marvin exterior clad casing selections
- Shading system is offered in 19 colors to match all standard Marvin clad colors. Slats or louvers are finished in durable Kynar finish.
- Shades can easily be replaced by homeowners with exterior access
- Made in USA, faster delivery than European products
- Low-voltage, remarkably quiet integrated motor
- Self-correcting tracks ensure shades are always in alignment
- Minimum jamb depths of 6 3/16 inches for most products
- A thermal performance certification pending from PassivHaus Institut and Passive House Institute U.S.