High-performance technologies engineered and manufactured to deliver the performance and efficiency customers need, at a price that fits their budget.
- Trane Adaptive Frequency Drive (AFD)—Improves part-load efficiency by more than 25 percent—with minimal impact on full-load performance.
- Electronically commutated fan motors—Use less energy than conventional copper-wound motors.
- Evaporator and condenser coil design—Allows for up to 40 percent less refrigerant charge than earlier designs.
Multiple sound-reduction options sound-reduction capabilities are engineered into the design and manufacture of every Sintesis chiller, so customers can choose an acoustic treatment that best meets their exact needs.
- Acoustic treatments applied at the factory offer predictable, consistent performance, often saving money when compared to on-site applications.
- User-selectable noise-reduction mode limits maximum condenser fan speed for even lower sound levels to comply with nighttime and weekend neighborhood noise restrictions.
- Available noise-reduction packages include Standard, Superior and Ultimate.
Advanced controls for exceptional efficiency and performance The AdaptiView control panel and Tracer UC800 controls are standard on every Sintesis chiller, delivering efficiency and performance advantages:
- An easy-to-use 7-inch color touchscreen that can be read and understood at a glance.
- Proven control strategies, including integrated temperature and flow logic that respond to a wide variety of conditions to maintain efficient operation.
- Ability to handle challenging conditions that can cause other controllers to take the chiller offline.
Sintesis: an environmentally sustainable solution Sintesis chillers are part of the EcoWise portfolio of products and are designed to minimize environmental impact using a comprehensive approach that includes high operating efficiencies, as well as the option to use next generation, low-GWP refrigerants. Sintesis is also designed to minimize refrigerant use and leakage—and more.
- Delivers more than 25 percent higher part-load efficiency than required by ASHRAE 90.1–2013.
- Designed to operate with R-134a or DuPont’s Opteon XP-10 (R-513A): a next-generation, low global warming potential (GWP) refrigerant.
- Requires up to 40 percent lower chiller refrigerant charge because of innovations including compact, high-efficiency, integrated, low-refrigerant charge (CHIL) evaporator and microchannel coil design.
Ice-enhanced chiller plants can substantially reduce cooling costs by making and storing ice during nighttime hours—when utility rates are usually at their lowest—and then using the ice to help cool buildings during peak-rate daytime hours. Trane Sintesis air-cooled chillers are ideal for making ice and can be a key component in ice-enhanced chiller plants, helping to improve building owners’ bottom lines. Additional benefits include the reduction of the chiller plant’s environmental impact, since the nighttime electricity it consumes often comes from a greater mix of renewable and cleaner sources—including wind energy and natural gas-powered electrical plants.