Air Movement and Control Association (AMCA) International Inc. has announced the revision of ANSI/AMCA Standard 204, “Balance Quality and Vibration Levels for Fans”.
Covering fans with rigid rotors generally found in commercial-building heating, ventilating, and air conditioning; industrial-process applications; mine/tunnel ventilation; and power-generation applications, ANSI/AMCA Standard 204 underwent minor revisions, including:
- Reformatting to adhere to current style.
- Changes to definitions for alignment with other standards.
- A new suggested frequency range for overall vibration measurement.
- Updates to the latest version of referenced standards.
- Inclusion of an example showing a typical calculation of overall vibration level from a vibration signature captured using a fast-Fourier-transform (FFT) analyzer.