Mitsubishi Electric Trane HVAC US LLC (METUS) has introduced an updated 2×2 Four-Way Ceiling Cassette (PLFY-P) as part of the CITY MULTI product lineup.
The PLFY-P Ceiling Cassette offers a square-edge design that fits into the same 2- by 2-foot dimensions as other standard ceiling tiles. The four vanes allow air to flow in multiple directions for comfort.
The PLFY-P is available with an optional feature, the 3D i-see Sensor, which scans the room for occupancy and makes adjustments to maintain comfort. The sensor monitors the thermal profile of a space; automatically identifying when a person enters and their heat signature is detected. It can distinguish temperature levels between humans and other heat signatures, such as animals. When a room, such as a conference room, hotel room or classroom, is unoccupied, the sensor adjusts the temperature levels, or switches to an energy efficiency mode.
The 2- by 2-foot size of the PLFY-P ceiling cassette eases installation. It is available in capacities ranging from 5,000 to 18,000 Btu/h. Additional features include:
- Ventilation air intake support
- 3D turbo fan to increase airflow
- Four fan speed settings, including auto-fan
- Corner-pocket design for simplified installation
- Built-in condensate lift mechanism designed to provide up to 19-11/16-inches of lift
- Improved installation features, energy saving features and occupancy detection when used with the PAR-32MAA-J controller (purchased separately)