The Construction Industry Round Table (CIRT), a national business trade association comprised exclusively of approximately 125 chief executives from the leading design and construction companies doing business in the U.S. and globally, has elected Paul A. Franzen, president of Barnard Construction, as chairman of the organization for a term of one year. Franzen was elected during CIRT’s Annual Spring Conference in Washington, D.C., which also welcomed new directors.
“I am honored and humbled to have been selected to help lead CIRT, whose members include impressive leaders from well-respected companies in such an important and critical industry,” Franzen says.
In welcoming Franzen as the new chairman, CIRT President Mark A. Casso, Esq., NAC, noted, “Paul puts his full attention and heart into anything he commits to; he will bring a great deal of energy to promoting the interests of the design and construction industry’s interests.”
At CIRT’s Membership Meeting, the following members were also elected as officers:
- Vice Chairman: Wassim A. Selman, Ph.D., P.E., ARCADIS U.S. Inc., Atlanta
- Treasurer: Greg Cosko, president and CEO, Hathaway Dinwiddie, San Francisco
- Immediate Past Chairman: Charlie Bacon, CEO and president, Limbach Holdings Inc., Warrington, Pa.
In addition to the executive committee elections, CIRT welcomed the following four industry leaders as new directors who will serve on the board through 2022:
- Mark S. Cain, president, Smoot Construction
- Dilip Choudhuri, P.E., president and CEO, Walter P. Moore & Associates Inc.
- Blair M. Lavoie, P.E., president and CEO, MWH Constructors
- David J. Mahoney, P.E., executive vice president, Dewberry
Casso adds: “CIRT is fortunate to have a dedicated board of such highly regarded industry professionals. We offer congratulations to our new officers and directors; and thank all of our current and outgoing directors for their service to CIRT and its members as well as the design / construction industry.”