Armstrong Fluid Technology has introduced a new size range of Design Envelope Permanent Magnet pumps that are engineered to deliver 20 percent lower operating costs than variable speed pumps with standard induction motors.
The new pumps are available with motors ranging from15 hp to 50 hp, and operate at NEMA Ultra-Premium Efficiency levels that exceed the efficiency targets of both the US Department of Energy and the European Union.
Beyond the motor efficiency, a number of additional design innovations make the new Design Envelope pumps more energy-efficient and cost-effective:
- Armstrong’s patented Parallel Sensorless Control stages multiple pumps and regulates output for best efficiency across the entire pump array, saving 10-30 percent in operating costs.
- Adjustable design points and setpoint based on the actual on-site conditions.
- A quadratic pressure control curve that provides more efficiency than a linear pressure control curve.
- A constant-flow function for maintaining a desired flow rate in recirculation applications.
- Advanced connectivity via Armstrong’s Pump Manager, a cloud-based performance tracking service, provides industry-leading analytics and insights along with alerts, alarms and data storage.