The Aston Series packaged geothermal heat pump provides forced air heating, air conditioning and even generates a portion of a home’s hot water from a single unit. Available in nine single-speed and five dual capacity sizes from 1 to 6 tons, the system achieves an energy efficiency ratio (EER) of 30 and a 4.8 coefficient of performance (COP), as well as features a variety of advanced technology and components. Copeland Scroll compressors are mounted on double isolation plates for extra quiet operation. Dual capacity units include Scroll UltraTech compressors for added efficiency and reliability.
A variable speed electronically commutated blower motor (ECM) further enhances system efficiency, running only at the speed required. Other choices include a standard permanent split capacitor (PSC) or high efficiency 5-Speed blower motor for comfort and quiet operation.
The Aston Series includes these other design components:
- Aurora communication offers instantaneous, monthly, or 13-month historical energy monitoring capability at the thermostat
- Exclusive FormiShield Plus coating on the air coil, which resists corrosion and increases equipment life while improving efficiency and dehumidification during cooling
- Optional hot water assist to preheat water and deliver it to a home’s hot water heater
- GeoStart optional soft starter, which reduces start-up amperage to 30 percent of normal draw, reducing noise, eliminating light flicker and increasing compressor life
- Standard pleated MERV 11 filter, with an optional pleated MERV 13 available
- Cabinet with a professional grade finish for long-lasting beauty and protection
The ENERGY STAR-rated Aston Series also features environmentally friendly R-410A refrigerant to meet the most stringent requirements of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. In addition, the Aston Series qualifies for a 30 percent federal tax credit.