Hot Block is a putty-textured packing for protecting nearby HVAC/R and plumbing pipe, valves, components and surfaces from damaging heat conduction, transfer and sparks during jobsite brazing, soldering and welding for commercial refrigeration, air conditioning and plumbing systems. Hot Block is reusable because its proprietary formulation is rejuvenated with a spritz of water before storing back into its 8-ounce plastic jar.
Hot Block separates surrounding areas from potentially conductive brazing/soldering temperatures of 850 F and reduces them by up to 90 percent. It also doesn’t degrade from welding temperatures of up to 3,000 F. Besides absorbing heat, Hot Block can also prevent nearby drywall or wood from igniting, existing fitting joints from unsoldering, or flange bolt/nut threads, valves and sensitive equipment from residual spark damage.
It is available in 8-ounce plastic jars from HVAC and plumbing wholesale distributors. The jar includes a four-color label with instructions.
Other Hot Block advantages:
- Price is less than the cost to replace a component left unprotected during a nearby brazing
- Outperforms the industry standard of wet rags
- Protects copper, aluminum, steel and all other pipe and component materials
- Can be used with all types of brazing, soldering and welding gasses
- Available to RectorSeal authorized wholesalers in 12-jar cases
For more information on RectorSeal and its HVAC/R, plumbing, firestop and electrical products, please visit the website or contact its customer and technical support departments at (800) 231-3345.