Celebrating its 4TH Annual metal roofing competition to be held this year in Las Vegas, Oct. 18-20, the MCA Games Task Force is taking contestant registrations for Teams of two participants. Team participants should be from one company and planning to attend METALCON all 3 days of the event.
Again, this year there will be five challenges each on Wednesday and Thursday Oct. 18 and 19. The Team that scores the highest collective points each day will be required to return on Friday Oct. 20, for a run-off competition. The winning Team on Friday will be recognized as the 2017 MCA METALCON Metal Roofing National Champion and receive a Grand Cash Prize.
The 2017 Aces of Las Vegas Challenges and Starting Times are:
- 1:00 PM – The MCA Retrofit Panel Installation Challenge, where Teams will install 3 each 36-inch wide ribbed panels onto purlins pre-installed on the challenge’s mock-up framing.
- 2:00 PM – The Triangle Fastener Corp.’s Screw Gun Challenge, where contestants will install a series of self-drilling fasteners into a structural zee-shaped purlin member. Fastest time and properly seated fasteners will determine the winning team.
- 3:00 PM – The Roof Hugger LLC Hug A Roof Challenge, where contestants will install 40 lineal feet of factory-notched zee-shaped sub-purlins on a mock-up existing ribbed metal roof paneled frame. Fastest time, properly seated fasteners and sub-purlin alignment will determine the winning team.
- 4:00 PM – The New Tech Machinery & Drexel Metal’s Standing Seam Challenge, where contestants will install 6 each 16-inch wide metal roof panels over the factory-notched sub-purlins. Fastest time and properly seated panel seams will determine the winning team.
- 5:00 PM – The S-5! Let it Snow Challenge, where contestants will install S-5! ColorGard snow retention onto the 16-inch metal roof panels. Fastest time, properly seated fasteners and ColorGard alignment will determine the winning team.
- Each challenge will last from 15 to 30 minutes
- Judging will be provided by the Metal Building Contractors and Erectors Association (MBCEA)
- Cash awards are provided by MCA member companies and amounts will be announced on a later date
- Each contestant will be required to sign a liability waiver and disclaimer prior to each daily competition
- Each Team will be provided required power and hand tools, gloves and safety glasses
- Each contestant will be required to wear rubber sole non-slip shoes