In a pandemic-appropriate online ceremony posted from its western Pennsylvania headquarters, Versatex Building Products LLC has announced the winners of the 16th annual “Versatexcellence” Awards. Versatex introduced the awards in 2005 to celebrate the achievements of its allies in the building products industry.
Versatex Sales Vice President Rick Kapres cited “the outstanding performance of five key links in our premium building-materials supply chain in 2020. Together, these organizations and individuals represent a phenomenal force in the marketplace,” he said. Presenting via Facebook Live, he named:
- Coastal Forest Products, Bow, N.H., Distributor of the Year. The other finalists in this category: Parksite Inc., Batavia, Ill., and U.S. Lumber Group LLC, of Farmington, N.Y.
- Intex Millwork Solutions, Mays Landing, N.J., Fabricator of the Year. The other finalists in this category: C.E. Russell Framing Components LLC, Pascagoula, Miss.; Clingerman Doors, Clearville, Pa.; and Executive Architectural Millwork, Ronkonkoma, Long Island, N.Y.
- Terry Bartley from U.S. Lumber (Altoona), Claysburg, Pa., Distributor Sales Rep of the Year. The other finalists in this category: Elliott Berry from Parksite Inc., Batavia, Ill.; Lyndsey Jurs from US Lumber, Rochester, N.Y.; and Lace-Anne Wishon from Snavely Forest Products, Greensboro, N.C.
- Catalano Contracting Inc., Buffalo, N.Y., Builder of the Year. The other finalists in this category: Karp Associates, New Canaan, Conn., and Beaudoin Builders, of Meriden, Conn.; Lackey Builders Inc., of Wilmington, N.C.; and S&D Enterprises, Elmhurst, Ill.
- Contractor Express Inc., Oceanside, Long Island, N.Y., National Dealer of the Year. In announcing this award, Kapres also extended special thanks to three dealers that he said have maintained remarkably long, productive relationships with Versatex: National Lumber Co. of New England; Riverhead Building Supply Corp. of Long Island, N.Y.; and T.W. Perry Co. of Washington, D.C., and Baltimore.
Kapres concluded: “Versatex is grateful for these winners’ efforts this past year and their ongoing commitment to our company and our brand. We are blessed to have such great partners up and down the channel as this year’s winners were chosen from the most competitive group ever.”